Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Monday Night Football

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

We were. More specifically, we were ready for the Packers-Vickings Monday Night Football Game staring Brett Favre vs. Former Team.

Ok, this story gets a little better. First of all, I've always liked Brett Favre. In my book, he's my favorite quarterback after John Elway, and I have been rooting for him to win another Super Bowl for years. Before he retired the first time. And, while I like Green Bay, since I'm not really a Packers fan, I was mad when they wouldn't let him come back. I'm a players fan, so I follow players around. In other words, I root for Brett.

Lauren is from Wisconson, and has more state pride than anyone I've ever met. Not only does she like Miller and the Brew Crew, she loves the Green Bay Packers. And, apparently, now hates Brett Favre. He's a traitor who should have retired... I have trouble understanding this anger, but she was told me that in Wisconson life revolved around #4 and then he left to their rivals. I guess that would have been like if John Elway had gone to play for the Raiders after winning the Super Bowl for us in Colorado...

Brent is from Minnesota and is one of the biggest sports fans I've ever seen. He's excited for the Twins-Tigers play-in game tonight, always goes to Champions Sports Bar, and bought a hockey jersey when we went to the Vienna capitals game.

So, the three of all really wanted to watch this game. But, the problem is, Monday Night Football starts at 2:30 AM Vienna time. No sports bar is open that late in Vienna. Luckily, Dr. Kevin saved the day by letting us use his slingbox. The slingbox is the coolest thing I've ever seen. Basically, I was controlling Kevin's TV in Denver from my computer in Vienna. So, we set up my laptop in one of the lounges, and turned Kevin's TV on to ESPN for a while. Game on!

IGE Secret: you can watch a rival Monday Night Football game in the middle of the night. You seem to appreciate doing things when it's a lot harder. That being said, watching this game was as intense and fun as watching the Super Bowl. Not only was the game itself really fun to watch, but it was fun being in a room with people rooting for both teams. We were yelling at each other, yelling at the computer, hollering, and probably being too loud for 2:30 AM. Add the Brett Favre Drama to the game, and it was great entertainment - especially when Brett still had it and Brett's Packer replacement Rogers, well, didn't.

Vikings won 30-23. Favre is still better than Rogers. And, we're all still friends. Brent made Lauren breakfast today.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, Brett!

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's a family thing. I talked to my mom today, and she told me that when she asked my dad which team he was rooting for he answered, "Brett Favre."

    ReplyDelete